There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ericka's Release

By this weekend, my very first children's book through The New Visionary Press Collaborative is expected to be released. 

I can't find the words to fully express how excited I am. Nor to express how much this means to me. I can only say this: It means everything. Literally everything. 

I have been writing for over 20 years. I began as a way to escape my life. I wanted to create my own world. So I did. 

Last year, I wrote Ericka The Puppy for my daughter. Everything in the book was inspired by her and my family. 

As of now, Ericka is a 6 book series dealing with bullying, safety rules, dealing with hurt feelings, etc. The first to be released is Ericka The Puppy Learns About Safety Rules. I illustrated the books as well. 

The excitement I feel is what I would imagine a child would feel on their first trip to Disney World. Pure joy. 

I never thought these books would go anywhere other than my daughter's bookshelf. Just knowing they might end up in the hands of other children, makes me so happy. 

I hope they fall in love with Ericka just as I have, and enjoy her journey. Maybe learning something along the way.  

Thank you, VPC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment