Thursday, March 6, 2014

Ericka's Release

By this weekend, my very first children's book through The New Visionary Press Collaborative is expected to be released. 

I can't find the words to fully express how excited I am. Nor to express how much this means to me. I can only say this: It means everything. Literally everything. 

I have been writing for over 20 years. I began as a way to escape my life. I wanted to create my own world. So I did. 

Last year, I wrote Ericka The Puppy for my daughter. Everything in the book was inspired by her and my family. 

As of now, Ericka is a 6 book series dealing with bullying, safety rules, dealing with hurt feelings, etc. The first to be released is Ericka The Puppy Learns About Safety Rules. I illustrated the books as well. 

The excitement I feel is what I would imagine a child would feel on their first trip to Disney World. Pure joy. 

I never thought these books would go anywhere other than my daughter's bookshelf. Just knowing they might end up in the hands of other children, makes me so happy. 

I hope they fall in love with Ericka just as I have, and enjoy her journey. Maybe learning something along the way.  

Thank you, VPC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment