Monday, February 24, 2014

The Note


I was sitting on our bed,
Wondering what I should say or do. 
A piece of paper slid under our door, 
It was a note from you. 

I opened it up slowly, wondering what it could possibly say. 
My eyes scanned the paper and the note went this way :

"My love , I know things between us have felt kinda strained. 
But I want you to know I love you and that will never, ever change. 
 
We have our issues, but every relationship does. 
Nothing or no one can ever come between us. 

It will always be me and you against the world. 
And you will always be my one and only girl. 

Your love is what means the most to me. 
My goal is to always make sure you are happy. 

Please don't ever worry about losing my heart. 
It is yours now, just like it was from the start. 

I hope this eases your fears, and helps  you to better understand." 
It was signed at the bottom, "Yours now and forever, Your Superman." 

As hard as I tried to fight it, I couldn't help but to cry. 
This was what I needed to hear, that things were ok between you and I. 

I gently folded the note and placed it lovingly beside me on our bed. 
Rather than be alone, I went to be in your arms instead. 

We looked into each others eyes, not even needing to say a word. 
But what I saw in your eyes, was the sweetest thing I'd ever heard. 

I saw your love, it was there so plainly to see. 
I saw our future..our life, our hopes, our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment