Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Life and Death Struggle



Suicide, and attempted suicide, are uncomfortable subjects for most people. Unfortunately, it is a harsh reality in life. While most avoid the subject, I think it's important to talk about. Talking about it may help others talk about it as well. Many people deal with suicidal thoughts, but have no one to turn to, no one to talk to. I want those people to know, they don't have to give up. They do not have to take their own lives. There is hope. This poem is for them:



I thought about killing myself one day.
I just wanted the pain to go away. 

I didn't  have the courage to do it. 
I started to slit my wrists, then quit. 

As I watched the blood trickle down,
My entire body collapsed to the ground. 

I cried then, I cried so many tears. 
But I knew no one would ever hear. 

I had cut myself off from everyone. 
I preferred to just be left  alone. 

Could I find a way to go and save my soul?
Could I escape from this nightmare, I didn't know. 

This was my struggle with life  and death. 
It nearly controlled me until nothing of me was left.

I found the strength to fight back. 
It was me against my thoughts, a full blown attack. 

These thoughts had to be under control. 
My heart knew what was best, which way to go. 

It was time to feel the warm sun on my face. 
Time to move on, to a brighter, better place. 

It was tough, but I did it and here I am,
To tell you, you can go on.. You can live again. 

Even when you feel alone, remember you ARE NOT. 
You yourself are the very best friend you've got. 

1 comment:

  1. It is a subject we need to be more open about so people don't feel alone.

    Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete